Monday, September 27, 2010

A Chocolate Experience

Juliette et Chocolat, 3600, Boulevard St-Laurent, Montreal.
-Where it's all about food with chocolate!

When some of my friends visited from New York City, I had to find a unique place that they could be impressed by. Since I've lived in NYC for five years, I know the bar was set high.

I thought they might like the recently opened Juliette et Chocolat located on St-Laurent boulevard, so I decided to take them there. The first thing I noticed about the place was that it had everything that the smaller Juliette et Chocolat on St-Denis had to offer but in a much larger space. More space = more seats = less time waiting, or no time waiting at all. I had to wait over an HOUR at the St-Denis location just to be seated.

The decor and atmosphere are very pleasant and I just love those red French berets that the staff wears. The menu selection is good, but the prices are a little on the pricey side, at least for me since I am on a tight budget because of school. However, they have a few things that you can get for a good price, like their brownies. The service is also good. The food presentation is excellent and the tastiness varies depending on what you order. And yes, those cheap brownies are yummy. Overall, the food is quite delicious.

My NYC friends liked the place and I will certainly bring more of them there. Small word of advise: If you order hot coco, you'll want to drink it fast so it doesn't turn into a thick pudding.


Links: http://www.julietteetchocolat.com/

Rating: 4.0 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment