Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Colorful Light Night

La magie des lanternes, 4101, Sherbrooke east, Montreal.
-When colorful Chinese Art shines.

If you are looking for a peaceful, beautiful night out in Montreal, why not go to the Botanical Garden and check out "La magie des lanternes"? I got a family season pass for the garden for pretty cheap, $35, with my "Acces Montreal" card (AMC*). Without this card and/or a family entry pass, a single adult entry comes to $14.00 or $12.00 if you are a Quebec resident. If you pay that price, you may as well come and enjoy the garden during the day as well.

The lanterns aren't quite that spectacular during the day time, but as soon as dawn falls the magic starts. This year's inspiration comes from the famous Chinese painting: "Qing Ming Shang He Tu". Humans, animals and other structural lanterns are displayed on and around the Chinese pond. You can also view many traditional lanterns, which I enjoy a lot more for their simplicity and the way in which they're incorporated into buildings and paths.

I would recommend going on a week day if you can because it can get pretty crowded on weekends. The parking lot was full when I went on a Saturday night and I do not enjoy someone standing in my way when I'm trying to take pictures. I am going back as soon we catch a break from the rain this week to take more pictures so maybe I'll see you there. You have until October 31rst to enjoy it!



Links: * Acces Montreal
Montreal Botanical Garden

Rating: 3.75 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment